Let’s talk about the deep low end, the sub frequencies. Do your subs groove? Are you overengineering your mixdown? Are you stressing the heck out and you are overcomplicating your life?
Chill! Let’s play a game & learn how to listen to bass frequencies, and what to listen for to make sure yours sound groovy. In Ableton Live, I’ll teach you how to use shelving filters to balance your frequencies, but you can follow along in any DAW.
– My Foundations of Electronic Music course: https://courses.underdog.brussels/courses/foundations-of-electronic-music
– My Industrial Techno follow-along course: https://courses.underdog.brussels/courses/techno-entire-track-creation
Use my link to sign up for Reason+ and use the code underdog to get 30% off your subscription for the first year: https://www.reasonstudios.com/#ref=underdog
My music project soundclouds:
– Torc: https://soundcloud.com/torcaudio
– Face the Sun: https://soundcloud.com/face-the-sun-be
My music instagram:
– Torc: https://www.instagram.com/torcaudio/
– Face the Sun: https://www.instagram.com/facethesunmusic/
0:00 Let’s play a game…
1:03 The cloakroom check
2:15 What bass was best?
4:55 The tools to shape your low end
8:21 What’s a polymeter?