This is the techno rumble tutorial to end all techno rumble tutorials. It condenses the principles that you find in all other rumble tutorials online into 3 logical levels: the basic, the intermediate, and the mastery level.
– The basic level: making a rumble in parrallel by smearing, low-passing and ducking the kick.
– The intermediate level: adding saturation, EQ and limiting on the rumble and the group.
– The mastery level: creating a sound sculpture by adding texture, percussion and atmosphere.
Here is the poster mentioned in the video:
– Poster in PDF: www.underdogmusicschool.com/YT-share/Underdog-techno-rumble-mastery.pdf
– Poster in PNG: www.underdogmusicschool.com/YT-share/Underdog-techno-rumble-mastery.png
At Underdog Electronic Music School we run interactive online classrooms for all levels of music producers. We do “bootcamps” for beginners (no prior knowledge required!) and “deep dives” for intermediate producers. We are also available for private coaching and advice.
– Coachings: (currently closed due to limitations)
– Find our classes on our website: http://underdogmusicschool.com/online
Come join the Underdog Discord channel to come meet the community: https://discord.gg/z5N9CTA 👾👾👾
Contact me directly: [email protected]
0:00 introduction and examples
1:14 Level 1: the basic rumble
4:42 Level 2: intermediate rumbles
8:16 Level 3: mastery level
13:11: Comparison of the 3 levels
13:54: Using this chain to make new rumbles and examples
15:27 Resampling your layers
16:11 Ensuring tonal balance
17:22 Focus on the groove
18:13 The printable poster