In this video we show you how to make groovy musical textures, in a sound design workflow using the Ableton Live vocoder & resonator to create loops that organically move & pulsate like percussion loops, but that have a unique quality to them. We also explore the use of modulation to cut out parts of a loop we don’t want.
1. Using percussive loops with a vocoder
2. Using modulation to shape the envelope of this loop
3. Using resonators to turn noise loops into chords
At Underdog Electronic Music School we run interactive online classrooms for all levels of music producers. We do “bootcamps” for beginners (no prior knowledge required!) and “deep dives” for intermediate producers. We are also available for private coaching and advice.
– Find our classes on our website: http://underdogmusicschool.com/online
– Come join the Underdog Discord channel to come meet the community: https://discord.gg/z5N9CTA 👾👾👾
1:09 Sound design concepts
1:59 The Vocoder Noise
3:43 Modulating the volume
5:55 Second example
6:21 The Resonator